Create a Destination in the SAP BTP Cockpit
- How to configure a basic destination
- What some of the additional properties are for
- How to specify the SAP Business Application Studio usage parameter for a generic OData service
- You have one of the following:
Destinations are key building blocks in SAP BTP, and are used to define connections for outbound communication from your application to remote systems. These remote systems can be on-premises or in the cloud.
A destination has a name, a URL, authentication details, and some other configuration details.
The Northwind OData services comes in several versions. The tutorials currently use either V2 (https://services.odata.org/V2/Northwind/Northwind.svc/) or V4 (https://services.odata.org/V4/Northwind/Northwind.svc/). To support both versions, and other versions that may be added later, you will create a generic connection to the Northwind service. The exact path - and exact version - will be configured in later tutorials.
- Step 1
- For Free Trial Accounts: https://account.hanatrial.ondemand.com
- For Free Tier and Enterprise Accounts on feature set A: https://account.hana.ondemand.com
- For Free Tier and Enterprise Accounts on feature set B: The link depends on your region. One option is https://cockpit.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/cockpit/. (Replace “eu10” with your region.)
- Step 2
Click on the tile of your Cloud Foundry subaccount.
- Step 3
Click on the Destinations button on the left panel and click New Destination to open a new destination configuration form.
- Step 4
Enter/confirm all fields in the destination configuration section with the information below and confirm with Save.
Field Name Value Name
Northwind OData services
And the following Additional Properties
Property Name Value
Do not use the entire path for the URL. The URL should only be
You can find more information on the used properties in the documentation
When you specify a URL with the HTTPS scheme, a checkbox Use default JDK truststore will appear. Ensure that this is checked.
- Step 5
Click on the
Check Connectionicon on the newly created Destination to see if everything works.
What does the popover say?