Consume API Management Service Instance from Kyma
- How to Provision API Portal and API Business Hub Enterprise cluster services
- You already have a subaccount and have the required entitlements for API Management, API Portal and API Business Hub Enterprise. For more information, see Configure Entitlements and Quotas for Subaccounts
You’ve subscribed to Integration Suite, and have enabled API Management, API Portal and API business hub enterprise capability.
>If you’re using the API Management stand-alone service, ensure that you’ve already subscribed to API Management, API portal and API business hub enterprise.
Ensure that the
Kyma environmenthas already been enabled.
Kyma Runtimein SAP BTP Cockpit:
In SAP BTP cockpit, navigate to your subaccount.
Go to Services > Service Marketplace and select
Select Create either from actions in the upper-right corner of the tile or from the tile overview page, to which you get by clicking on the tile..
On the New Instance and Subscription dialog, change the instance name or keep the default name.
The default plan assigned to your account is pre-populated.
>The default plan and its specification can differ depending on your global account type.
Confirm changes by selecting Create. For more information on how to set up a fully operational
Kyma environment, click
- Step 1
Log on to SAP BTP Cockpit and navigate to your subaccount.
Kyma Environmenttab and choose Console URL: Link to dashboard to navigate to the
Choose Namespaces from the left navigation pane. At this point, only the default namespace appears.
From the left navigation pane, choose Service Management > BTP Service Instances > Create Service Instance.
On the Create Service Instance dialog fill in the following details and choose Create:
Name: Provide a name or generate it by choosing Generate name
Offering Name: You can find the SAP BTP service offering name in the Service Marketplace of the SAP BTP cockpit. Search for the API Management, API Portal/ API Management, API business hub enterprise service and copy the name of the service instance.
Plan Name: Similarly, you can find the relevant plan for the respective API Management, API Portal/ API Management, API business hub services in the Service Marketplace of the SAP BTP cockpit.
Choose Advance tab on the Create Service Instance dialog and expand Instance Parameters.
* To create an instance of **API Management, API Portal**, enter **role** as the key in the first textbox and **APIPortal.Administrator** as the value in the second textbox. * Similarly, to create an instance of **API Management, API Business Hub Enterprise**, enter **role** in the first textbox and **AuthGroup.API.Admin** in the second textbox.
You’re directed to the Service Management > Instances page, where an instance of the newly provisioned API Management, API Portal or API Management, API Business Hub Enterprise service appears.
Which role is required to create a service instance of API Management, API Portal?Log in to complete tutorial
- Step 2
To create the Service Key:
1. Navigate to the instance that you just created and choose Add Service Binding.
2. Generate a Name for the service binding and select the Service Instance Name from the dropdown menu, and choose Create.
The service instance name, secret, and external name appears under Binding Data. Select the link next to Secret.
You can now use the
tokenUrlto fetch the token, and the application URL to perform operation on the APIs.
Which role is required to create a service instance of API Management, API Business Hub Enterprise?Log in to complete tutorial