Configure SAP Build Workzone, standard edition
- How to configure SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition in SAP BTP Cockpit to gain visibility in your dashboard
- Space in BTP Cockpit subaccount created
- Trial account with the SAP Build Process Automation enabled OR
- A regular account with SAP BTP Free Tier service plan for SAP Build Process Automation
In this tutorial, you will configure everything needed for the creation of a SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition dashboard in SAP BTP Cockpit to gain visibility of your processes.
- Step 1
Navigate to SAP BTP Cockpit subaccount and select Instances and Subscription under Services. Choose Create.
For the new subscription:
- Under Service select SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition.
- Under Plan select standard as subscription.
- Choose Create.
The subscription is created.
- Step 2
Navigate to SAP BTP Cockpit subaccount > Security > Users.
Select the user to whom you will give the roles then on Enter Full-Screen Mode .
Choose Assign Role Collection.
Select Launchpad Admin and Launchpad External User then choose Assign Role Collection.
Launchpad Admin is the role for whom is going to design the launchpad in the launchpad editor. Launchpad Admin should not be given to all users for security purposes.
Launchpad external user is the role for whom accesses the final launchpad.
The roles are assigned.
Should you give Launchpad Admin role to all users?
- Step 3
Navigate to SAP BTP Cockpit subaccount. Select Services > Instances and subscriptions. Choose Create.
For the new instance:
- Select SAP Build Process Automation as a Service.
- Select Instance plan from the Plan list.
- Select Cloud Foundry as Runtime Environment.
- Select a space from Space list.
- Set Instance Name as SPA-instance.
- Choose Create.
The instance was added.
- Step 4
Navigate to SAP BTP Cockpit subaccount > Connectivity > Destinations.
To create a new destination:
- Choose New Destination.
- Select Service Instance.
- Set Service Instance to SPA-instance that was created in the previous step.
- Set Name to spa-launchpad.
- Choose Next.
The new destination was created.
What is the type of plan used in the creation of SAP Build Process Automation instance?
- Step 5
Navigate back to SAP BTP Cockpit subaccount. Choose Services then Instances and Subscriptions. Choose Go to Application next to SAP Build Work Zone.
The Site Manager is now ready to use. Select Channel Manager.
Choose Update Content.
The content updates and the status changes to Activated.
Select Content Manager. On the top tabs select Content Explorer Select HTML5 Apps.
Select all items and click + Add to My Content.
Navigate to My Content. Choose New and select Group.
Manage the Group:
- Set Title to SAP Process Automation.
- Assign My Inbox and Process Workspace to the group.
- Go back.
Choose Everyone role to edit it.
Select Edit to edit role.
- Assign My Inbox, Process Workspace, Visibility Scenario Dashboard and Visibility Scenario Instances to Everyone role.
- Select Save.