Check if your machine has the recommended software and hardware to successfully install and run SAP HANA 2.0, express edition (with the Applications package).
Additional documentation, including downloadable PDF manuals, is available on the SAP Help Portal.
- Step 1
Check if your system has the required hardware to successfully install and run SAP HANA 2.0, express edition.
Hardware Details RAM Server + Applications: 24 GB minimum (32 GB recommended) HDD 120 GB HDD recommended Cores 2 cores (4 recommended)
- Step 2
Check if your system has the required software to successfully install and run SAP HANA 2.0, express edition.
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8 or Higher: If you are planning to use the SAP HANA 2.0, express edition Download Manager for Windows or Linux, you need the 64-bit JRE. If you are planning to use the platform-independent Download Manager, you can use either the 32- or 64-bit versions. You can download the SAP JVM (64-bit) from https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#cloud.
- Operating System:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications, 12.1, 12.2, 12.3 (SPS 02 Rev 23 or higher)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications, IBM Power Systems ( I t - “Little Endian”), 12.1, 12.2
To install on SLES for SAP 12.1, the
libstdc++6packages must be version 6.2 or newer. To update these packages, register your system with SUSE and run
zypper install libgcc_s1 libstdc++6. For registration instructions, see the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 documentation.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Applications 7.2, 7.3 (SPS 02 Rev 21 or higher), 7.4 (SPS 02 Rev 23 or higher)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Applications for Power 7.3 (SPS 02 Rev 21 or higher), 7.4 (SPS 02 Rev 23 or higher)
To install on RHEL for SAP, first install the
compat-sap-c++-6package using the following command:
yum install compat-sap-c++-6.
The following components are not available on IBM Power Systems:
- SAP Enterprise Architecture Designer
- SAP HANA streaming analytics
- SAP HANA External Machine Learning AFL