Enable Multi-User Mode for Your Android Application
- How the Android SDK supports multi-user mode
- How to enable multi-user mode for an online app
- How to enable multi-user mode for an offline app
- How to use several multi-user mode related APIs
- You have Set Up a BTP Account for Tutorials. Follow the instructions to get an account, and then to set up entitlements and service instances for the following BTP services.
- SAP Mobile Services
- You completed Try Out the SAP BTP SDK Wizard for Android.
- You completed Offline-Enable Your Android Application.
The Flows component of the SAP BTP SDK for Android provides the following functions to enable multi-user mode for your application:
Handle the onboarding process for multiple users.
Handle user information and user data management.
To enable multi-user for an application developed using Flows component, you only need follow the instructions at Try Out the SAP BTP SDK Wizard for Android to create a new application using the SAP BTP SDK Wizard for Android and check Enable Multiple Users for the Multiple Users on the Project Features tab. Or you can follow Step 2 and 3 to enable multi-user mode for online and offline, respectively.
The following cases are not supported in multi-user mode:
Biometric authentication is not supported. The biometric screen will not be shown in the onboarding or unlock processes.
NoAuthauthentication type is not supported. Even if multi-user mode is turned on, an application using the
NoAuthauthentication type will revert to single user mode.
No passcode policyis not supported. A default passcode policy will be used if the server has disabled it.
- Step 1
Which functions are supported by Flows component for multi-user feature?
- Step 2
- Step 3
- Step 4
Congratulations! You have learned how to enable multi-user mode for your android applications!