Configure Systems in Cloud Connector
- How to configure the Cloud Connector to connect your SAP S/4HANA system to SAP BTP
- How to add subaccount, system mapping and resource
- Prepare SAP S/4HANA System by Activating the Business Partner OData Service
- On SAP S/4HANA side:
- You have a dedicated SAP S/4HANA system
- You must be an administrator of the SAP S/4HANA system
- On Cloud Connector side:
- You have downloaded the right Cloud Connector version for your operating system from SAP Development Tools and have installed Cloud Connector on your machine in accordance with the installation instructions on the SAP Help Portal.
- Step 1
The Cloud Connector serves as a link between SAP BTP applications and on-premise systems. It combines an easy setup with a clear configuration of the systems that are exposed to the SAP BTP. At the same time, the cloud connector lets you use existing on-premise assets without exposing the entire internal landscape. See Cloud Connector documentation for more details.
- Step 2
Open your Cloud Connector administration UI.
- Adjust the port if you specified another one during the installation. You might have to use the external IP of your system.
- You can find detailed information on installing the Cloud Connector and logging in to the administration UI in Install the Cloud Connector.
Choose Add Subaccount.
Enter the required data in the Add Subaccount dialog and choose Save.
- You can look up the required data in SAP BTP cockpit.
- For example, the field Subaccount requires the ID.
- Step 3
Choose Cloud to On-Premise on the left.
Choose + on the right.
In the Add System Mapping dialog, select
ABAP Systemfrom the dropdown list in the Backend Type field and choose Next.
HTTPSfrom the dropdown list in the Protocol field and choose Next.
Enter your values for the fields Internal Host and Internal Port, and choose Next.
Tip for field values
- Internal Host: this is the internal IP of your SAP S/4HANA system.
- Internal Port: this is set to
44300for HTTPS. However, you can look up the specific HTTPS port on your SAP S/4HANA system using the transaction
Enter your values for the fields Virtual Host and Virtual Port, and choose Next.
Tip for field values
- It’s up to you what values to put in the fields Virtual Host and Virtual Port. We’ve provided exemplary values for your convenience.
Nonefor Principal Type and choose Next.
Use Virtual Hostfor Host in Request Header and choose Next.
(Optional) Add a Description for your system mapping and choose Next.
Review the values, enable Check Internal Host, and choose Finish.
Which back-end type you need to choose for system mapping?
- Step 4
Make sure that your system is selected under section Mapping Virtual to Internal System and choose + under section Resources Of
(in this example,
In the Add Resource dialog, insert
/for URL Path.
Set Access Policy to
Path and All Subpaths.
Enter a description for the resource (optional).
The resource appears in the table.