SAP Developer Insights Survey
An annual survey to help us stay connected with our developer audience’s current challenges and needs including top of mind topics, tools, technologies, etc.
2022 SAP Developer Insights Survey Results
- SAP developers continue to move to the cloud, but there is a substantial population that has not - 58% are using some cloud platform for development currently. This is up 14% in the past two years, with 42% indicating they have not yet moved.
- For our existing SAP developer audience, ERP and the digital core are the most common SAP application integration points - 81% of respondents have built SAP ERP or digital core extensions in the past year.
- SAP’s developer audience is quite experienced - 58% of respondents report 6+ years of professional SAP project experience.
- Developers report that YouTube and LinkedIn are the best non-SAP sites for connecting with other developers.
2021 SAP Developer Insights Survey Results
- 83% of respondents are using SAP Business Technology Platform or plan to use it soon
- 80% of respondents have built SAP ERP or digital core extensions in the past year (this is up 9% from 2020)
- 58% of respondents report 6+ years of professional SAP project experience
- 52% are using some Cloud platform for development currently (this is up 8% from 2020)
- 54% of respondents report working somewhat or much more hours since the beginning of the pandemic
2020 SAP Developer Insights Survey Results
- 71% of respondents have built integrations or extensions for an SAP ERP system or digital core system in the past twelve months
- 44% of respondents said that they are using some kind of cloud platform at this time
- 36% of respondents indicated an interest in using SAP Cloud Platform in the near future
- 39% of respondents work for larger companies (5,000+ employees)
- 36% of respondents have a direct influence on buying decisions
- 64% of respondents have been members of the community for over 5 years
- On average, respondents indicated that they have 6+ years of experience in SAP related projects